Duration: 19 Nights / 20 Days
Places to Visit: Delhi - Leh - Shey - Ladakh - Chilling - Bakula Bawo - Zanskar.
Day 01: Arrive in Delhi and transfer to hotel.
Day 02: Fly to Leh and transfer to the Grand Dragon Hotel to rest and acclimate for journey.
Day 03: Travel to the Ladakh village of Shey to visit the Thiksey Monastery, home to the largest Buddhist statue in Ladakh. Also visit the wealthy Hemis Monastery.
Day 04: Drive to Chilling to begin trek to Tilat Sumdo (10, 170’).
After mastering the “Ladakhi shuffle,” trek to camp on a sandy plateau.
Day 05: Trek to a cave at Bakula Bawo, considered a holy place by the Zanskari.
Continue trek along the Zanskar, traversing steep rocks due to melting ice at this lower elevation.
Day 06: Difficult travel is rewarded with magnificent scenery of frozen, sculpture-like waterfalls. Lunch near Zanskari caves at Yokmado. Overnight in the village of Nyerak.
Day 07: Trek through a tremendous canyon to Tipu, and continue to Lingshed, a large village with an interesting monastery and a solar school.
Day 08: Visit the Lingshed Monastery, journey through the valley to reach the frozen Chadar, and walk on the frozen river to Tsarak Do.
Day 09: Continue to follow the trail alongside the frozen river.
Day 10: Leave Chadar for a short road walk to the large village of Zangla, the home of Zanskar’s erstwhile king. Here we will visit a large village where you will see children skiing and sledding!
Day 11: Visit the local nunnery and then follow a jeep road to Stongde to visit another monastery.
Day 12: Trek to Karsha, home to one of the region’s largest monasteries—covering an entire hillside and offering fantastic rooftop views!
Day 13: Drive over bridge and make short trek back to Pidmo to overnight in village homes.
Day 14 - 18: Descend to the Chadar and make return trek to Chilling. Transfer to Leh.
Day 19 or 20: Fly to Delhi and depart, or join one of our extensions in India. (Note: we have scheduled an extra
Day 20: To account for flight schedule changes due to poor weather conditions.
2/3 participants = 1350 €
4/5 participants = 1250 €
6/9 participants = 1150 €
+ than 9 participants = 1100 €
- Domestic flights (Delhi - Leh - Delhi)
- Land transportation as mentioned in the program by a private vehicle with an English speaking chauffeur.
- Accompaniment: the assistance of a local staff: guide, cook (and cook helpers for large groups).
- The Jeep for the carrying of individual camping, cooking and collective material.
- Lodging : hotel in Delhi and Leh, camping during the Nature Safari
- Meals : full board except the meals in Delhi and Leh
PRICE DO NOT INCLUDES:
- International flights
- International airport taxes
- Visa fees
- Repatriation assistance
- Main meals in Delhi and Leh
- Admission fees for the visits of temples, monuments, monasteries and museums planned
- Drinks and personal expenses