Stok Kangri Expedition 2 - LADAKH
Duration: 16 Days
A unique high altitude trek plus the chance to conquer a 20,000ft/6000m trekking peak
This challenging trek traverses the Ladakh mountains on a little-used route high above the Indus Valley, and offers a chance to ascend Stok Kangri, a 20,130ft/6114m peak. We approach from the west of Leh, climbing steeply from the Zanskar River towards the rugged Ladakh and Zanskar Range. This stark region of high passes and wild mountains is softened by the immense charm of the Ladakhi villages and their inhabitants. We cross one high pass after another, including the seldom-used Kang La where we have chance to ascend Palam Peak, a warm up for Stok Kangri. We continue towards the spectacular scenery of the Stok Range, where we begin our ascent. The tough, but optional and non-technical climb provides stunning views extending across Ladakh to the Karakorams, the Himalaya and into Tibet.
Fly to Leh; afternoon orientation walk.
Day 3 - 4
Two days in and around Leh to aid acclimatisation. Trips to Thikse, Shey and Hemis monasteries and Leh Palace. Optional jeep trip to the Khardung La (one of the highest motorable roads in the world).
Drive to Choksi.
Day 6 - 8
Steep ascent to Kang La (5260m) and optional climb of Palam Peak (5360m) for superb views of the mountains.
Day 9 - 11
Cross Ganda La and Stok La to Stok Kangri Base Camp (5200m).
Ascent of Stok Kangri (6114m) The route is non technical, but there is a short, exposed section near the summit. Those not attempting the peak can trek up to the glacier for stunning views.
Descend through Mankarmo to Stok and drive back to Leh.
Fly to Delhi.
Free day in Delhi
2/3 participants = 1050 €
4/5 participants = 1000 €
6/9 participants = 950 €
+ than 9 participants = 850 €
- Domestic flights (Delhi - Leh - Delhi)
- Land transportation as mentioned in the program by a private vehicle with an English speaking chauffeur.
- Accompaniment: the assistance of a local staff: guide, cook (and cook helpers for large groups).
- The Jeep for the carrying of individual camping, cooking and collective material.
- Lodging : hotel in Delhi and Leh, camping during the Nature Safari
- Meals : full board except the meals in Delhi and Leh
PRICE DO NOT INCLUDES:
- International flights
- International airport taxes
- Visa fees
- Repatriation assistance
- Main meals in Delhi and Leh
- Admission fees for the visits of temples, monuments, monasteries and museums planned
- Drinks and personal expenses